Thankful is a weird word.
Anyway, I think it would be excellent for me to do this to help me see that it is not always about how shitty things are. I know this, but actually typing out some things might help it sink in and help pull me out of my dark space.
I will write 10 things every day. Even if they are small, like I am thankful for the hot water in my shower. Here goes Day 1, in no particular order.
I am thankful...
- that I had 17 fun filled years to enjoy my precious Tboz. I would never give that up to avoid the pain I feel now.
- that I can call my mom any time and feel better
- that my Dad has started texting me
- that I have friends that are willing to help me out of the dark spaces
- that my body, after all it has been through, can do crossfit, spinning, yoga and pilates
- that I have good insurance
- that I have a nice home (even though it feels pretty empty now)
- that I have a flexible job at a time that I need it to be flexible
- that I am going home to Texas for the holidays
- for soft sheets